Are you overloaded with jewelleries? Scroll down for the 8 signs that you are definitely addicted to jewellery!
1. You love handmade jewellery
2. You’re thinking about taking up a jewellery course
3. You can’t go anywhere and feel naked without your jewellery on.
4. Your jewellery box overloaded
5. You experience a rush of excitement when you buy jewellery
6. You always receive compliments from strangers about your jewellery
7. You love staring at jewelleries as much as you love wearing it
8. Price does not matter
A brooch is another way to add some sparkle to an outfit and is traditionally worn on clothes such as jackets, shirts, dresses, sweaters or even hats.
You can be creative with a beautiful brooch without spending too much as most brooches are affordable.
Here, we will share some creative ways to wear a brooch.
1. Shirts, Blazers & Jackets. A fresh way to put some punch into your go-to, tailored black blazer is to add a playful brooch to the lapel. Most women love to place a brooch on their blazers for the purpose of dressing up the outfit. It can also serve as a closure for your blazers! It is also very popular to wear a brooch at the top of a blouse. You can also secure the t-shirt and blouse at the back of the waistline to give it some shape.
2. Around Your Neckline. Your neckline is the center of attention. A brooch can be surprisingly beautiful at the centre of a buttoned-up collared shirt and also at the “V” shape of the neckline. If your brooch is big, make sure your fabric can hold the weight.
3. On a plain dress. A brooch always works wonders regardless of whether it is worn on the left or right of your outfit; below the bust or at strategic locations like the waist, shoulder, etc. When used on a black dress, the outfit instantly becomes more stylish and presentable, adding style to a plain outfit.
4. Accessorize Your Scarf & Hat with a beautiful brooch. No matter how well you wear your scarf, it will slip off at some point. Secure it with the brooch and you can be stylish all day. That’s not all, the brooch goes very well on a hat too! When you turn your head, it will catch rays of light making it shine and sparkle.
5. Dress up a plain bag or purse. Pin up a sparkly brooch at the top corner of a plain bag or purse to give it an instant upgrade. You can even cover a small stain on your favourite bag with a brooch!
Get stylish and sophisticated with us and start wearing brooches today!
Regardless of whether you are a professional jewellery maker or a beginner, you will be using the same basic tools in jewellery making. Using appropriate jewellery making tools not only stimulate creativity, it also will smoothen the progress of constructing your own designs. These 3 basic tools are wire cutters, long nose pliers & flat chain pliers.
Cutters are usually used to cut T-Pins, different thickness tigertails and wires. It is better if you could invest in a good cutter as cheap ones may wear out quickly. Remember, place the flat side of the cutter closest to your jewellery piece for a closer & cleaner cut.
Flat chain pliers will help you in opening jump rings and finishing a wire-wrapped ends. Consider getting 2 units of these pliers when doing wireworks, where one is used to hold the wire while the other is used to shape it.
Round Nose plier is your best friend when making simple loops, nice smooth curves or other rounded wire elements. To get bigger loops, place your wire near the handles. Contrarily, make a smaller loop by placing your wire towards the tips. Place wire in the same position for consistently sized loops.
Buying and owning jewellery is one of the best perks for girls and women of all age. Women who choose the right jewellery for their face shape will be able to stand out from the crowd. Wearing the right earrings will also enhance your look and define your features. Below are some tips for you;
Oval Shaped Face
Good News! All kinds of earrings look good on you! Best to wear oval & triangle shaped dangling earrings, teardrop earrings & simple studs.
Round Shaped Face
The goal is to elongate your face & minimise puffy appearance. Consider wearing long skinny earrings, or earrings with slight twist or curve.
Square Shaped Face
Choose earrings that could soften the cheekbones and jawline like earrings with rounded designs like oversized hoop, oval & circular earrings
Heart Shaped Face
Earrings of your choice need to balance the face & draw attention to the eyes. Try wearing dangling, teardrop & chandelier earrings in diamond shapes.
Narrow Shaped Face
Need to accentuate the cheekbones and add softness. Pearl & teardrop dangles are suitable for you. You can also choose studs and hoop earrings.
Diamond Shaped Face
Main goal is to balance the angle of your face. Best to wear studs or earrings close to ear. Chandelier & teardrop earrings are also suitable for you.